The ACCOMPLICE Program is borne out of the following curatorial pillars:
- Provide a space for local and interstate artists to create and discuss work in the Northern Territory.·
- Create an environment that is financial and artistically viable to create experimental cultural work in the Northern Territory.
- Develop a reflective, challenging and explorative framework for artists, community and audience to come together to explore work in development.
- Sustain a high quality program of culture in a regional centre providing support and exposure to artists at various stages of their career.
- Decrease regional communities’ sense of isolation from cultural development and support.
ACCOMPLICE has a key role in providing space and opportunities for art in Northern Australia specifically invested in a balanced mix of projects that are:
- Focused on providing varied exposure into the process of making,
- Committed to shared authorships and the role of the audience and their experience,
- High quality concepts engaged in international, national and regional artistic conversations,
- Pushing the framework of community-engaged contemporary art practice.