Tiny City Rockers: Tiny Toones and D*City Rockers Collaboration
A reciprocal artistic and social development exchange program using the artistic language of B*boy beats and breaks, that focuses on:
- Facilitating and deepening important social, cultural and creative conversations with community cultural development artists cross culturally.
- Engaging in research and discussions to create sustainable models of exchange for community cultural development artists and their work.
- Listening, learning, and working with young people from diverse geographically location and cultural understandings to support, develop and share their stories with their international peers.
- Sharing and showcasing of B*boy beats and breaks culture.
Exchange Artists and Collaborators
- Tiny Toones (Phnom Penh - Cambodia)
- Nick Power (Australia)
- D*City Rockers (Darwin – Australia)
- Young People from 5 – 25 years (Phnom Penh and Darwin)
- Third stage development and rehearsal of Dual ប្រភេទ by Nick Power with Erak Mith (Phnom Penh - Tiny Toones) and Aaron Lim (Darwin - D*City Rockers) in Darwin
- Week intensive dance program for young men in Darwin with Tracks Dance Company
- Premiere of Dual ប្រភេទ in Melbourne
- Second stage development of Dual ប្រភេទ in Phnom Penh
- Week intensive dance program for young men in Phnom Penh with Tiny Toones
- Leadership program in Phnom Penh for Tiny Toones, ACCOMPLICE, URB Festival and Darwin Festival
- Two week residency for Nick Power and D*City Rockers with Tiny Toones in Cambodia working with Phnom Penh young people.
- First stage development of Dual ប្រភេទ in Darwin
- 5 month residency exchange between Producer Britt Guy and Tiny Toones General Manager Chhoeung Shhort Reuth in Cambodia
- Program of workshops and skill sharing with Tiny Toones crew, D*City Rockers and Nick Power in Darwin as part of Darwin Festival
- Program of workshops for Darwin young people with Tiny Toones crew, D*City Rockers and Nick Power